Saturday, July 13, 2013

Birthday Thoughts


Thank you everyone for reading my blog on the many things to see and do around Austin. As a lover of history, there is one thing I am disappointed in. That being the the things and places that are lost forever.For my birthday today (July 13), my son and his girlfriend gave me a book entitled, "Lost Austin (Images of America (Arcadia Publishing))," depicting many of the places that we have lost in Austin. From landmarks, neighborhoods to institutions to various businesses they are all regrettably lost forever. The book even has images of places that are endangered.  I can't wait to dive into this book with more focus.
Just from thumbing through the book I can tell there is a lot of interesting information about this the greatest city on the planet. It certainly looks like a book that every history buff (especially those that love Austin) should have on their bookshelf.
For my birthday will enjoy free coupons from some national chains, like the free Denny's Grand Slam, Free small ice cream cup (with Crushin's)  and the buy 1 get 1 bogo offer from DQ's blizzard club. I have also received deals from Ihop (Free Rutti Tutti) and others. Besides all that we will still be exploring the city.
Last night the wife and I even went to Chick-fil-a and free meals for dressing up in our homemade cow costumes. What a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment