Friday, August 3, 2012

Are You Willing to Sacrifice Your Dream

In chapter 5 of "The Dream Giver," by Bruce Wilkenson, he descibes how Ordinary faced a choice. He could give his Dream back to the "Dream Giver," or he could keep it. Ordinary struggled with this idea. He really didn't want to give up his dream. Eventually though  he did. He left his journal behind, since he was no longer going to need it and crossed the river into the "Land of Promise." On the other side he found that the "Dream Giver" had gave him back his journal with a new entry.
Ordinary, I am giving you back your Dream. Now you can use it to serve me. Now you can achieve truly Great Things. And I am with you always.
We must all learn to sacrifice our entire lives. including our dreams, if we are going to be blessed by God. The thing is we must want God more then our dreams. He must be first in every aspect of our lives. For me and my dream, I believe God is calling me to have a little convenience store thay follows the Chick-fil-a model (of being closed on Sundays). I truly desire my dream be used to serve Him.




---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment