Saturday, July 14, 2007

Health & Wellness

AS I mentioned yesterday I was going to a health and wellness screening, conducted by Blue Cross of Kansas City. My weight is 144.4 with a body mass index (whatever that is) of 23.
Over all my health was perfect, except on little area, as you will see on the chart below.






Description

blood pressure


Total Cholesterol


HDL

Total Cholesterol/HDL ratio

Glucose

My Results

122/80


174


32

5.4

113

Desirable Results

122/80

Less then 200 mg/dl

Greater than 40 mg/dl

4.5 or less

Less then 140 (Non-fasting)




So what does it mean for me? I need to exercise more.

2 comments:

  1. Your BMI (Body Mass Index is the percentage of fat that you have. Between 18 and 25 is healthy. For example I am 5ft 7 and weigh 129 lbs. My BMI is 20.2. Sounds as though you're doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesn't look very bad at all.
    Your overall cholesterol is good. Your glucose is good, too. That means that you are not overeating. Your HDL, or "good cholesterol" is low, both as a total and as a percentage of total cholesterol.
    One thing you can (besides exercise) is to find ways to substitute good sources of cholesterol intake for bad ones. The easiest example is to switch to olive oil instead of vegetable or corn oil. Olive oil is, for the most part, 100% good cholesterol.
    I use it in all of my frying, and wherever in baking that it calls for oil. It does have a distinctive taste, though, which is an acquired taste.

    I'm sure you'll get plenty of exercise by going around finding curbs to paint. Walking is good for you.

    ReplyDelete